View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Why we may soon live on corporate island-nations Vide
PostSubject: Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Why we may soon live on corporate island-nations   Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Why we may soon live on corporate island-nations Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 10:42 pm

At a time when the Amazon rainforest is burning out of control, political polarization in the U.S. feels irreparable, technological development seems to be increasing exponentially, and climate change looms as an existential threat to our species, it’s hard not to speculate about humanity soon undergoing some massive changes. Maybe it’s a zombie apocalypse, maybe techno-utopia. Who’s to say?
Patri Friedman has an idea. He’s been working on a radical vision of the future of human civilization the better part of two decades. The self-described anarcho-capitalist, who lives in the mountains above Los Gatos, believes some of us may soon find ourselves living on permanent offshore island-nations — perhaps ones financed by big tech’s FAANG companies.
“I definitely see that at some point we’ll get corporate states, and I know some people find that creepy,” Friedman says. “I’m kind of on the fence about whether I’d like living in Apple-topia or Google-topia — definitely not Facebook-topia or Netflix-topia.”
As Friedman sees it, “sovereignty is fragmenting in the 21st century.” Countries around the world — either weary or intrepid — are beginning to think about ways to create new jurisdictions for the express purpose of tinkering with rules and regulations. Sometimes as a way to dodge rising sea levels, other times as a means of sparking economic opportunities.

Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Why we may soon live on corporate island-nations 640x0

https://www.sfchronicle.com/travel/article/Why-the-future-of-civilization-is-man-made-14388966.php

Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS: Why we may soon live on corporate island-nations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Anarcho-Capitalist NEWS-