AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Get lost: Bill Weld: I Can Win the New Hampshire Primary, Which Would Fatally Wound Trump Politically

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Get lost: Bill Weld: I Can Win the New Hampshire Primary, Which Would Fatally Wound Trump Politically Vide
PostSubject: Get lost: Bill Weld: I Can Win the New Hampshire Primary, Which Would Fatally Wound Trump Politically   Get lost: Bill Weld: I Can Win the New Hampshire Primary, Which Would Fatally Wound Trump Politically Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Former Massachusetts governor Bill Weld has opened up on what a strategy might look like for his quixotic run to deny Donald Trump renomination as the Republican presidential candidate.

Weld, who was a popular GOP governor in the 1990s, is the only declared Republican candidate seeking to deny Trump a second term.

Weld, who ran for vice president on the Libertarian Party ticket in 2016, sees a place for former Republican Justin Amash to run for president with that party this year.

“I see that I can win the New Hampshire primary, which would fatally wound Mr. Trump politically. There’s plenty of historical precedent for that,” Weld said. “I was around when Pat Buchanan fatally wounded George H.W. Bush with only 37 percent of the vote in the New Hampshire primary. And I was riding around with President Bush. I was on his side, of course, not Pat Buchanan’s side.

“It’s happened five times since the modern New Hampshire primary that a sitting president was running for re-election faced a primary even if he didn’t lose the primary, lost the general election,” Weld added. “And I think it’s important that Mr. Trump not repeat as president of the United States. We can’t afford five and a half, six more years of this guy. So I’m running to win. I think I can win. I think I’m qualified to take the job starting Monday. But meanwhile, I’m going to do what I can to lessen the odds in Mr. Trump’s favor.”

Meanwhile, Weld also encouraged Amash to run for president as a Libertarian. Amash is the Michigan congressman who ultimately left the Republican Party after becoming the lone Republican to call for Trump’s impeachment.

“I would encourage Mr. Amash. I think that would be a good move for him and good move for the United States,” Weld said. “Because as you know, I think Mr. Trump is a threat to our democratic institutions and the Bill of Rights. So the more votes that comes out of his pockets, the better I like it.”

https://www.thebipartisanpress.com/news/bill-weld-i-can-win-the-new-hampshire-primary-which-would-fatally-wound-trump-politically/

Thumbs down
Back to top Go down

Get lost: Bill Weld: I Can Win the New Hampshire Primary, Which Would Fatally Wound Trump Politically

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-