AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Editor-in-Chief of Catholic Herald Resigns After Blasting 'Garbage' Synod, 'Feeble' Bishops and Scandal-Plagued Pope Francis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Editor-in-Chief of Catholic Herald Resigns After Blasting 'Garbage' Synod, 'Feeble' Bishops and Scandal-Plagued Pope Francis Vide
PostSubject: Editor-in-Chief of Catholic Herald Resigns After Blasting 'Garbage' Synod, 'Feeble' Bishops and Scandal-Plagued Pope Francis   Editor-in-Chief of Catholic Herald Resigns After Blasting 'Garbage' Synod, 'Feeble' Bishops and Scandal-Plagued Pope Francis Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2019 10:44 pm

The editor-in-chief of the Catholic Herald announced last week that he is parting ways with the weekly paper because he and “the new owners" “do not agree on the future direction of the company.”

Editor-in-Chief of Catholic Herald Resigns After Blasting 'Garbage' Synod, 'Feeble' Bishops and Scandal-Plagued Pope Francis New-Project-5.sized-770x415xt

Damian Thompson made the announcement on Twitter following his recent hard-hitting appearance on EWTN's "The World Over" in which he made a number of highly critical remarks about the the Vatican's Amazon Synod working document (which he called "garbage"), the cowardly Catholic bishops of the United Kingdom and the United States, and the scandal-plagued pope who refuses to answer any questions about any the clerical abuse scandals currently rocking the Vatican.
Quote :
The new owners of the @CatholicHerald and I do not agree on the future direction of the company (for my stance, see @RaymondArroyo’s show last week). Therefore I’m moving to the @spectator where I will be free to tell you what I really think :)
— Damian Thompson (@holysmoke) July 4, 2019
In a subsequent tweet, Thompson announced that he will be doing weekly podcasts for The Spectator, where he is an assistant editor. "This will be a truly dynamic religion podcast – I’m very excited about it," he wrote.
In May of this year, former media mogul Conrad Black offloaded his 47.5 percent holding of the Catholic Herald in equal shares to ex-Tory MP Brooks Newmark and publisher William Cash, according to the Daily Mail.
Luxury hotelier Rocco Forte reportedly owns the controlling interest in the weekly periodical.
In his "first tweet as a free man," Thompson declared that the "corrupt pope" is "deeply implicated in terrible scandals."
Quote :
My first tweet as a free man. It’s now obvious that Pope Francis is deeply implicated in terrible scandals. My concern isn’t theological: it’s the spectacle of a corrupt pope, something I never expected to see in my lifetime.
— Damian Thompson (@holysmoke) July 4, 2019
The next day, he added that the pope should be investigated.
Quote :
We’re now reaching the point where Pope Francis should face investigation. There are several troubling mysteries surrounding him. Some of them relate to his behaviour as pope, some to his previous life in Argentina.
— Damian Thompson (@holysmoke) July 5, 2019

https://pjmedia.com/faith/editor-in-chief-of-catholic-herald-resigns-after-blasting-garbage-synod-feeble-bishops-and-scandal-plagued-pope-francis/

Guilty

Editor-in-Chief of Catholic Herald Resigns After Blasting 'Garbage' Synod, 'Feeble' Bishops and Scandal-Plagued Pope Francis

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Philosophy and Religion-