HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

'I can always tell the students who’ve had a gap year'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

'I can always tell the students who’ve had a gap year' Vide
PostSubject: 'I can always tell the students who’ve had a gap year'   'I can always tell the students who’ve had a gap year' Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Content warning: read to the end before you think this is a catastrophic vision of the future.

'I can always tell the students who’ve had a gap year' 1e0e9b50f65e83bf78d4cf2e2869a2ec7d503562

Your kids have just gone to schoolies and every night you go to sleep fearing the worst but the worst is yet to come. I can promise you it won’t be the drunken vomiting or a drug overdose.

It will be your child’s complete lack of preparation for what comes next in their lives. Every single year I tell parents how important gap years are and they rarely believe me. They come to university open days, asking questions on behalf of their children (who often sit there, blinking, mute) with a vision of the future firmly rooted in the past. It's law and accounting, it’s medicine and engineering; and it’s got zip to do with what comes next. This is not individual to the university where I teach.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life-and-relationships/i-can-always-tell-the-students-who-ve-had-a-gap-year-20181119-p50gxi.html
Back to top Go down

'I can always tell the students who’ve had a gap year'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-