HomePortalGalleryCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Why June 2018 Will Go Down as the Month Prohibition Crumbled

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : ‹ber Serious

PostSubject: Why June 2018 Will Go Down as the Month Prohibition Crumbled   Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:46 pm

Pardon me while I catch my breath.†Itís been a heck of a month.

Hereís whatís gone down in the cannabis world in the past three weeks:

• Canada†federally legalized cannabis for all adults. Period.
  • The FDA, a federal agency, officially approved a cannabis-based medicine, the epilepsy drug Epidiolex, theoretically invalidating the Schedule I status of cannabis.
  • The World Health Organization declared cannabidiol (CBD) to be a proven effective treatment with no evidence of health-related problems or indications of abuse.
  • In Congress, a bipartisan group introduced the STATES Act, which would end federal prohibition in all legal states.
  • Chuck Schumerís bill to end prohibition, announced ages ago, was finally introduced in the Senate.
  • Oklahoma approved the legalization of medical marijuana in a landslide vote.

Thereís more to come. Both Vermont and Massachusetts will enter into their fully legal status at the stroke of midnight on June 30.
Thatís a lot to unpack, but it all adds up to one takeaway: This is the month that prohibitionís foundation collapsed. To borrow a phrase from†filmmaker Dave Markey: This is the month legalization broke.

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/why-june-2018-will-go-down-as-the-month-prohibition-crumbled

becool

Why June 2018 Will Go Down as the Month Prohibition Crumbled

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps With FreeStyle Miscellaneous-