AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Why do women still buy the fairytale marriage bull?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Why do women still buy the fairytale marriage bull? Vide
PostSubject: Why do women still buy the fairytale marriage bull?   Why do women still buy the fairytale marriage bull? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 5:19 pm

As a commitment-phobe, I am often viewed as someone in denial; that deep down I desire a loving relationship regardless of my reticence. And to an extent, this is correct. Yes, I would like to share my life with someone special. But do I need this to feel complete? Er, hell no.

Why do women still buy the fairytale marriage bull? 0df0874a4d2f1f531130fe81e11910f6d5fff47c

You see, I am truly content on my own. Honest. It took me a long time and much introspection to get this way after a traumatic break-up years ago. But today, I know a partner can only and should only add to my happiness; not be responsible for it. But damn I’m having trouble convincing other women that this is the case; that to be truly comfortable in your own company is perhaps one of the most important achievements in life.

I am constantly seeing women who are still buying the fairytale bull. They’re often the same ones who question the truth in my circumstances, who find it impossible to believe contentment can be achieved without commitment. These women are trapped in a Disney dystopia, where marriage is the ultimate goal, that a spoken “I do” and exchanged rings signal a sigh of relief that they will never have to be alone again. Someone will always have their back. Their futures are assured. The fact one in three marriages end in divorce is a reality for others. It couldn’t happen to them. But oh, it can and does.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life-and-relationships/why-do-women-still-buy-the-fairytale-marriage-bull-20180301-p4z2ct.html
Back to top Go down

Why do women still buy the fairytale marriage bull?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-