HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

How to take your house off the grid without leaving the city

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

How to take your house off the grid without leaving the city Vide
PostSubject: How to take your house off the grid without leaving the city   How to take your house off the grid without leaving the city Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:35 pm

ver the last 20 years, more than 30,000 people from around the world have visited a small terrace in Sydney’s Chippendale to discover what an off-the-grid house looks like.

How to take your house off the grid without leaving the city 2_h07dve

And their verdict? It really doesn’t look much different to a regular house at all. There are all the usual appliances, constant electricity, fresh running water and a perfectly stylish bathroom.

The major difference is simply that the energy and water bills are minuscule – below $300 a year for the family of four living there – and the sense of satisfaction for its residents is immense.

“I think people are often overwhelmed by the idea of going off-grid but when they see how simple my house is, they all start thinking, ‘Yes! I can do this!’,” says the house’s owner, sustainability champion Michael Mobbs.  

“You can’t get more straightforward than the energy coming from the sun and the water coming from the sky. You don’t have to be technically gifted, or speak English or even be an adult to do something like this. If I and my six-year-old son and 10-year-old daughter could do it back in 1996, then anyone can.”

https://www.domain.com.au/advice/how-to-take-your-house-off-the-grid-without-leaving-the-city-20171221-h07gkj/
Back to top Go down

How to take your house off the grid without leaving the city

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-