Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:11 pm

Quote :
Why, are you going to email Stef and say "Hey, I have one of your dudes over here, I think you're in danger of losing him as an audience member"?

Are you kidding me???

I'd never do that!

Besides, he isn't worthy of receiving an email from me, to begin with...

Though I still reserve the right for him to hear from my attorneys, over the destruction of our web shop's product lines which he organized. (That would fall under, a property rights violation...)
Back to top Go down
Thelastholdout

Thelastholdout

Male Age : 36
Humor : sarcastic

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:17 pm

CovOps wrote:
Quote :
Why, are you going to email Stef and say "Hey, I have one of your dudes over here, I think you're in danger of losing him as an audience member"?

Are you kidding me???

I'd never do that!

Besides, he isn't worthy of receiving an email from me, to begin with...

Though I still reserve the right for him to hear from my attorneys, over the destruction of our web shop's product lines which he organized. (That would fall under, a property rights violation...)

Yeah, that last statement was a joke. :)

I can't say I blame him for not liking the Cafepress line because it was more of the bullying and ad hominem. The thing is, Stef really does think that he has it right. At least, that's my impression of him. He thinks he has viewpoints which, if other people shared them, would make the world a vastly better place. Therefore, for people to attack him and like minded people based on their looks and whether or not they agree with him rather than any actual viewpoints they or he possess would seem to him to be repulsive, ugly behavior. It's like you telling a statist about the exploitation and violence perpetrated by the government and having some random dude come up and call you a cuntwad or throw a rotten tomato at you or one of your friends. You think that he's some kind of devilspawn or something, I get that. But you should at least understand how what you're saying is perceived by anybody who observes your statements and Photoshop projects.
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Quote :
I can't say I blame him for not liking the Cafepress line because it was more of the bullying and ad hominem.

Not liking someone's product line is one thing, destroying it is another. And again, there's no bullying or adhoms, as it's not a formal logical debate.
Quote :

The thing is, Stef really does think that he has it right. At least, that's my impression of him. He thinks he has viewpoints which, if other people shared them, would make the world a vastly better place. Therefore, for people to attack him and like minded people based on their looks and whether or not they agree with him rather than any actual viewpoints they or he possess would seem to him to be repulsive, ugly behavior.

I've outlined certain specific reasons where I disagree and repudiate his positions. Having done so, the rest is just icing on the cake. He's a malevolent scumbag and I make no apologies for my conduct. He's in the enemy camp and I don't take any prisoners.

Quote :
It's like you telling a statist about the exploitation and violence perpetrated by the government and having some random dude come up and call you a cuntwad or throw a rotten tomato at you or one of your friends. You think that he's some kind of devilspawn or something, I get that. But you should at least understand how what you're saying is perceived by anybody who observes your statements and Photoshop projects.

Sure, and I do. From the point of any n00bie, especially one who's already roped in by MolyHoax, it might appear outrageous, unjust, etc. But here's the key: This site really isn't meant for n00bies. More like seasoned vets. Guys that have been around for a while... those that have done the hard yards, the study, the readings, the courses, the... you fill in the blank. Now when such an individual hits the thread/shop/fdr/etc., they have a vastly different understanding of what is really going down, than a typical novice. Now even though he's not mentioning it, MolyHoax knows that I've been at this longer than he has. He knows that I've covered the same ground as he has (and then some). He knows that I know the subject matter better than he does... (Which is one of the reasons he ducked for cover, when I issued him with a public debate challenge.) So you see, not everything is just the surface appearance either... And let's not forget, it was his behavior which brought all this, on top of his empty head... We didn't start it...
Back to top Go down
Thelastholdout

Thelastholdout

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:57 am

CovOps wrote:
Quote :
I can't say I blame him for not liking the Cafepress line because it was more of the bullying and ad hominem.

Not liking someone's product line is one thing, destroying it is another. And again, there's no bullying or adhoms, as it's not a formal logical debate.
Quote :

The thing is, Stef really does think that he has it right. At least, that's my impression of him. He thinks he has viewpoints which, if other people shared them, would make the world a vastly better place. Therefore, for people to attack him and like minded people based on their looks and whether or not they agree with him rather than any actual viewpoints they or he possess would seem to him to be repulsive, ugly behavior.

I've outlined certain specific reasons where I disagree and repudiate his positions. Having done so, the rest is just icing on the cake. He's a malevolent scumbag and I make no apologies for my conduct. He's in the enemy camp and I don't take any prisoners.

Quote :
It's like you telling a statist about the exploitation and violence perpetrated by the government and having some random dude come up and call you a cuntwad or throw a rotten tomato at you or one of your friends. You think that he's some kind of devilspawn or something, I get that. But you should at least understand how what you're saying is perceived by anybody who observes your statements and Photoshop projects.

Sure, and I do. From the point of any n00bie, especially one who's already roped in by MolyHoax, it might appear outrageous, unjust, etc. But here's the key: This site really isn't meant for n00bies. More like seasoned vets. Guys that have been around for a while... those that have done the hard yards, the study, the readings, the courses, the... you fill in the blank. Now when such an individual hits the thread/shop/fdr/etc., they have a vastly different understanding of what is really going down, than a typical novice. Now even though he's not mentioning it, MolyHoax knows that I've been at this longer than he has. He knows that I've covered the same ground as he has (and then some). He knows that I know the subject matter better than he does... (Which is one of the reasons he ducked for cover, when I issued him with a public debate challenge.) So you see, not everything is just the surface appearance either... And let's not forget, it was his behavior which brought all this, on top of his empty head... We didn't start it...

Okay, so I get the feeling here that even if I asked you for your story, complete and unabridged, it wouldn't do much to enlighten me as to what actually happened. See, my position is usually to reserve judgement until I get the whole story from both parties. Unless you proved yourself to be totally objective and above personal bias when telling someone what transpires between you and someone you despise, and unless, were I to ask, Stef did something similar, I don't think I'd ever truly get a grip on your grievances with him and vice versa.

That said, no matter how much I've ever despised anyone I've never done anything like what you do. I seem to get through life just fine. I've also let those "malevolent scumbags" in my life self destruct when their true nature shows itself (it inevitably does; no con man goes forever without slipping up). I'm still not clear on what exactly you're trying to do with Molyneuxcultwatch (if anything), and I don't understand why it seems so difficult for you to answer this question: "What (if any purpose) is there to Molyneuxcultwatch?"
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Quote :
I'm still not clear on what exactly you're trying to do with Molyneuxcultwatch (if anything), and I don't understand why it seems so difficult for you to answer this question: "What (if any purpose) is there to Molyneuxcultwatch?"

Well, I'm surprised you're having problems in this department. It's obvious that we are philosophically opposed to his brand of ideological conservatism, censorship, psychological abuse, intimidation, lies, etc. This was amply covered on the first page of the Molyneux Cult Watch thread. He has purged his board of the vast majority of senior members a long time ago, leaving basically only the younger, docile and easily manipulated ones. We consider his behavior reprehensible and immoral, an assessment which he continues to confirm, virtually on a daily basis.

Molyneux Cult Watch gives a voice to the excommunicated. It is a backlash of his own creation.
Back to top Go down
Thelastholdout

Thelastholdout

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:15 pm

CovOps wrote:
Quote :
I'm still not clear on what exactly you're trying to do with Molyneuxcultwatch (if anything), and I don't understand why it seems so difficult for you to answer this question: "What (if any purpose) is there to Molyneuxcultwatch?"

Well, I'm surprised you're having problems in this department. It's obvious that we are philosophically opposed to his brand of ideological conservatism, censorship, psychological abuse, intimidation, lies, etc. This was amply covered on the first page of the Molyneux Cult Watch thread. He has purged his board of the vast majority of senior members a long time ago, leaving basically only the younger, docile and easily manipulated ones. We consider his behavior reprehensible and immoral, an assessment which he continues to confirm, virtually on a daily basis.

Molyneux Cult Watch gives a voice to the excommunicated. It is a backlash of his own creation.

Even if that voice largely has nothing of value to say? Sure, on the first page you listed grievances against him, but since then it's mainly been a lot of poor quality photoshop projects and incoherent ranting. No offense, but if your goal is to provide an opposing view that people can look at and say 'you know, that makes sense' it's really not doing the job.
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:33 pm

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. There is no incoherence. If you understand the conceptual framework of philosophy and the terminology, it's as clear as daylight.

Your constant harping re the so called "poor quality" of photoshop examples is laughable. This is not a professional photo exhibition. We do not spend countless hours perfecting the montages. We are not interested in impressing anyone with our "professional graphic design skills." This is not an artistic design forum.

But hey, if you can do better, go for it!
Back to top Go down
Thelastholdout

Thelastholdout

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

CovOps wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. There is no incoherence. If you understand the conceptual framework of philosophy and the terminology, it's as clear as daylight.

Your constant harping re the so called "poor quality" of photoshop examples is laughable. This is not a professional photo exhibition. We do not spend countless hours perfecting the montages. We are not interested in impressing anyone with our "professional graphic design skills." This is not an artistic design forum.

But hey, if you can do better, go for it!

If I had 700 dollars to spare and a computer that could run Photoshop without having a heart attack from the exertion I probably could. :P

The point isn't even the quality of the pictures. It's the whole "GregG is a hermaphrodite" crap and all of that. It has nothing to do with Stef and whatever crimes he may or may not commit in the running of his website.
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Quote :
It's the whole "GregG is a hermaphrodite" crap and all of that. It has nothing to do with Stef...

This is clearly false. Gweg is a central perpetrator and enabler of the immorality which occurs on that board. He is no innocent bystander and without his absolutely massive contribution over the years, that site wouldn't be half of what it is today. As our ideological opposition, he is fair game, just like the rest of the immoral scum.

For you to roll up here and whine about this and that is preposterous. We basically use broad strokes when covering CultishStew. It serves our purpose just fine. If on the other hand, you want to spend endless days, weeks or months, on microscopic analysis of words, sentences, paragraphs, etc., well, LiMi should accommodate you just fine. They spend infinitely more time in such endeavors than we ever will. And yet still, they get attacked, criticized, belittled, etc. So you see, no matter what one does, or how they do it, the opposition will always bitch about something... just take yourself as an example...
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:11 pm

In addition to what CovOps has said, ranting is very effective at robbing them of enthusiasm and reducing their indoctrination of others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Trolls Register Here:   Molyneux Trolls Register Here: - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Molyneux Trolls Register Here:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Welcome & Inductions :: AnCaps Forum Technical Non-Assistance-