HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Once upon a time, smacking was once acceptable - but things change

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Once upon a time, smacking was once acceptable - but things change   Vide
PostSubject: Once upon a time, smacking was once acceptable - but things change    Once upon a time, smacking was once acceptable - but things change   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 1:17 am

It's fair to say that the way I was disciplined as a child is very different to that of those growing up in 2016. Because not only was smacking acceptable back in the '80s, it was actively encouraged.

Once upon a time, smacking was once acceptable - but things change   Article%20Lead%20-%20wide1006857370gnggp4image.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.gngg4a.png1457660053840.jpg-620x349

My mother's personal weapon of choice was the belt. Yes, I received a "belting" with an actual belt, usually one she'd been wearing. I struggle to remember if this was delivered to my rear end or the back of my legs, but one thing I do vividly remember is the fear. I also knew that if it was being wrapped around my bum or legs, I must have done something VERY bad.

Ask anyone of my vintage – and probably even a little younger – and most will have their own tale about their parent's method of physical discipline. For some it was the feather duster, for others it was a wooden spoon, and for the very unfortunate few, it was an electrical cord wrapped at warp speed around the back of the legs.

Read more: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/toddler/caring-for-toddler/once-upon-a-time-smacking-was-once-acceptable--but-things-change-20160311-gngg4a.html#ixzz42fP5HE1M
Back to top Go down

Once upon a time, smacking was once acceptable - but things change

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-