HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

LOL, Malaysian cartoonist defiant 'to the last drop of my ink'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

LOL, Malaysian cartoonist defiant 'to the last drop of my ink'  Vide
PostSubject: LOL, Malaysian cartoonist defiant 'to the last drop of my ink'    LOL, Malaysian cartoonist defiant 'to the last drop of my ink'  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Malaysian political cartoonist Zunar faces a possible 43 years in prison for sedition, but the defiant artist says that looming threat won't stop his hard-hitting caricatures lampooning the ruling establishment.

LOL, Malaysian cartoonist defiant 'to the last drop of my ink'  50d3b5b68cfbc68ba53552fa28c363ba630467a1-1aj6cd4

"You can chain my hands, you can chain my legs, you can chain my neck or my body. But I will keep drawing," said Zunar, 52, holding a cartoon showing himself shackled yet still working with a pen clenched in his teeth.

"I will keep drawing until the last drop of my ink," he added during an interview at his Kuala Lumpur office.

Malaysia's best-known political cartoonist, whose real name is Zulkiflee Anwar Ulhaque, has become a symbol of a widening government drive to throttle its critics that has seen dozens of people hit with sedition investigations over the past year.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/27207301/malaysian-cartoonist-defiant-to-the-last-drop-of-my-ink/
Back to top Go down

LOL, Malaysian cartoonist defiant 'to the last drop of my ink'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-