HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Stay out of my child's lunch box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Stay out of my child's lunch box Vide
PostSubject: Stay out of my child's lunch box   Stay out of my child's lunch box Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 1:23 am

As a brand new school mum, I've recently discovered that schools have assumed the role of the Lunch Box Police. Every morning tea and lunch is a test to see if kids and their parents have faithfully followed the laws of healthy eating.

Stay out of my child's lunch box Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6684981213swfximage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.13stn8.png1425377704717.jpg-620x349

It's a nice idea, but it's questionable whether this has anything to do with health. In fact, in the quest to promote nutrition, schools may unintentionally be damaging kids' relationship with food.

One school in Brisbane is so strict that the children have to show their lunch boxes to the class each morning. I know of one child who is so anxious about having 'bad' food in his lunchbox that he doesn't want to go to school.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-opinion/stay-out-of-my-childs-lunch-box-20150302-13stn8.html
Back to top Go down

Stay out of my child's lunch box

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-