Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Molyneux Cult Watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
QuestEon

Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 pm

@CovOps wrote:
OY, QuestEon... re:

...To be sure, these are are harsh penalties as well as...

You may want to fix, LOL!

Fixed! Thank you!

Quote :

But this:
Quote :

I don’t want to be accused of piling on—because I am sympathetic to the impact this may have on Christina and her practice...

Oh man
heh-heh...
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Quote :
heh-heh...

Now tell sympathetic Christina, why you are so troubled and what happened in your childhood?

:FDR Therapy:
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Brainpolice: My Molyneux Experience
Quote :

...I have no doubt that he is a con artist who uses psychological manipulation techniques, and I think the money-making empire he has built of off this is unethical exploitation of his followers. I'm glad I never got sucked in enough to pay him a dime for anything. Molyneux is a self-styled personal savior peddling himself to vulnerable youth for profit, and little more.

http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?topic=323.msg3092#msg3092

Absofuckinglutely!
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:58 pm

LOL! In the thread Guessing game, over at FDR Liberated, discussion is around MolyFuck's fraudulent, unearned income:

The results are...:

3069 Non-donating posters
490 Donating posters:
58 Bronze Donator
136 Silver Donator
123 Gold Donator
43 Diamond Donator
130 Philosopher King

That's a helluva good conversion rate!

Monthly income estimate: 130 * 50 + 43 * 25 + 123 * 20 + 136 * 10 + 58 * 5 = CAD 11,685

Yearly income of FDR is estimated to be 12,000 * 12 = CAD 144,000.

Details can be found here: http://fdr.megous.com

As well as this gem:

Total number of profiles: 15,897
Users that posted at least once: 3,559

15897 - 3559 = 12338 (77,6% of all accounts are users who never posted)

http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?topic=340.0

ROFL
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:01 am

FDR Freedomain Radio - Banned Users Directory

If you're interested in
joning FDR community, you may be interested in seeing for yourself what
behavior on the boards will get you banned. It's not enought to just read
the board rules, and don't think that if you donate, you can't be banned
for basically disagreeing, or posting links to FDR related websites, or asking uncomfortable questions.

So enjoy exploring the darker side of the FDR community, and how it works when some posters get to the edge...

There was a time, when 15-20% posts on FDR boards came from banned members alone... by order of registration they were:

Banned Users List

Here: http://fdr.megous.com/ban-directory.php

From: http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?topic=342.msg3413;topicseen#new
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:02 am

Nice work! Thumbs Up
Anarcho Capitalists Retail ,  OZschwitz Downunder BoutiqueAnarcho-Capitalists,AnCaps Forum,Anti-State,Anti-Statist,Inalienable Rights Defenders,Non-Aggression Principle,Non-Initiation of Force Principle,Rothbardians,Anarchist,Capitalist,objectivism,Ayn Rand,Anarcho-Capitalism,Anarcho-Capitalist,politics,libertarianism,Ancap Forum,Anarchist Forum,Vulgar Libertarians,Hippies of The Right,Forum for Anarcho-Capitalist,Forum for Anarcho-Capitalists,Forum for AnCap,Forum for AnCaps,Libertarian,Anarcho-Objectivist,Freedom, Laissez Faire, Free Trade, Black Market, Randroid, Randroids, Rothbardian, AynArchist, Anarcho-Capitalist Forum, Anarchism, Anarchy, Free Market Anarchism, Free Market Anarchy, Market Anarchy
Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 PgkowJT
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:46 am

Yeah, Megi should be congratulated, for such a great job!

Come to think of it...
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 am

Done!

LOL!
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:04 am

:thumb u-p:
Anarcho Capitalists Retail ,  OZschwitz Downunder BoutiqueAnarcho-Capitalists,AnCaps Forum,Anti-State,Anti-Statist,Inalienable Rights Defenders,Non-Aggression Principle,Non-Initiation of Force Principle,Rothbardians,Anarchist,Capitalist,objectivism,Ayn Rand,Anarcho-Capitalism,Anarcho-Capitalist,politics,libertarianism,Ancap Forum,Anarchist Forum,Vulgar Libertarians,Hippies of The Right,Forum for Anarcho-Capitalist,Forum for Anarcho-Capitalists,Forum for AnCap,Forum for AnCaps,Libertarian,Anarcho-Objectivist,Freedom, Laissez Faire, Free Trade, Black Market, Randroid, Randroids, Rothbardian, AynArchist, Anarcho-Capitalist Forum, Anarchism, Anarchy, Free Market Anarchism, Free Market Anarchy, Market Anarchy
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:16 am

Funny:

Quote :
Telltale language
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 11:17:39 PM »
Quote from: plateofshrimp on January 20, 2013, 02:08:27 PM

He prefaces statements with disclaimers to justify him doing the opposite ...

"I don't want to sound ungrateful, but.... (sounds ungrateful)"
"I'm not qualified to talk about x , but..... (talks about x)"
"No offense, but (offends)"

I don't want to sound ungrateful...and of course then there is the but.

Then there is the 180 degree turnaround:

Stefan Molyneux is saying the opposite of what he is saying
Stefan Molyneux turns an apology to a criticism
the criticism really applies to Stefan Molyneux, not the person being criticised
Stefan Molyneux's mission is having a negative effect on people and their families, not setting them free
if Stefan Molyneux is not doing cointelpro, then he sure is having that effect
and so on.

Stefan Molyneux is going through life backward.

http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?topic=347.msg3762#msg3762
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Quote :
Re: Telltale language
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
When he goes into his shaming and blaming mode with his listeners like in the recent episode with the low donation rates and amounts ... he sounds just like an angry abusive parent yelling at a child.

Stefanology: Subgenius Subterfuge posing as the World's salvation

http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?topic=347.msg3846#msg3846

Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Quote :
submitted 9 days ago* by v01unt4ry

I used to think SM was great, I even donated to him for a short while. Until I realized that he is full of shit.

Pretty much all the good stuff he has, he has stolen and "borrowed" from others without giving them any credit.

His "knowledge" about economics is mediocre at best.

Stefan uses faulty logics and reasoning to support his bullshit theories like UPB etc, which have been utterly destroyed by other philosophers and libertarians.

His deeply damaging stuff on relationships with others is totally crackpot. Read up on his "deFOO-ing" bullshit and stories of destroyed families and relationships and you will never look at the man the same way.

He is clearly not in any way qualified to give people with mental health issues any "treatment", but regularly does so, pretending that he is some kind of pro.

The whole freedomainradio crowd does give off a culty vibe, and it is tightly controlled by SM. It is claimed that dissent and critique is welcome, but in practice its clearly not.

In short, SM is a thieving, stupid, dishonest, lying, culty charlatan pushing wackjob crap and cynically abusing the liberty movement for his own goals. Prominemt members of the liberty movement have begun to distance themselves from SM, in my opinion rightly so.

Bracing for shitstorm

Allow me to present an alternative: A personal youtube favorite of mine who is way better and more legit: bitbutter, the guy who made "George ought to help" and "Edgar the exploiter". He is currently making a third vid, check out his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bitbutter

http://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capitalism/comments/16nu6y/molyneux/
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 am

Quote :
Quote from: plateofshrimp on January 26, 2013, 01:24:03 PM

Then, there's the job interview where his interviewer told him he didn't have the qualifications he was looking for. Stefan responded by questioning the interviewer's qualifications and telling him he wasn't qualified for his position He thought he was being clever pointing out that one should be able to get a job without the qualifications, by showing his interviewer that he was also not qualified for his position. Stefan only succeeded in insulting him... nice professional networking skills there (sarcasm)! What successful business person would fall for that?

http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.msg4005#msg4005

ROFL
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:23 pm

LOL, a cluster-fucked train-wreck...

Quote :

"The difference between a tree and a forest is the difference between freedom and slavery."

"A mountain is attached to the Earth [...] an asteroid floating around the Earth is not attached... so… er..." [changes topic]

"There would be no such thing as a forest."

I really hope there were forests before mankind came along...

"The fact that there is proximity does not mean unity, right?"

"A concept describes thing which are not physically attached..."

"These trees are not physically attached to each other, right? They're in physical proximity."

Well, but some are attached to each other...

According to Stef's "logic", an asteroid is not an object because "it" is not obviously "attached" to anything... so it's a concept.

Seriously this video is completely mental; never heard anything like it. He talks about umbilical chords, cutting off limbs, calling up his kidney, heads rolling off to Acapulco... really, really bizarre.

http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?topic=380.msg3937#msg3937
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Dear Moly,

An asteroid is an entity. A tree is an entity. A forest is not an entity, but a collection of entities bunched up.

Just like 'society' is not an entity, but a group of entities (individuals).

========

Dare I view the video?

Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:28 am

Quote :
Re: Do they all Defoo eventually?

It is a big brainwashing machine, and all the misdirections are rolled
in messages of peaceful parenting, non violent conversations etc... But,
as many will tell you here, you end up being judgemental, and pretty
violent verbally.

http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?topic=391.msg4263#msg4263
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:30 am

LOL:

A Quick Read on Stefan Molyneux

Since David Gordon has seemed to stir up quite a hornet's nest because of his review of the new Stefan Molyneux book, I decided to wander over to the Molyneux site to see what was going on there.

I have to say that Molyneux is quite prolific. He has many, many podcasts and youtube presentations on many, many topics, from parenting to anarchism. After clicking around the podcasts a bit, I began to understand why Walter Block listened to only 10 minutes of one broadcast, before stopping. At least for me ( and I guess for Block), there is something tedious about listening to Molyneux talk on and on.

However, I wanted to get a quick sense of Molyneux's style of thinking and presentation, so I was determined to listen through a full broadcast. He lists a category in his podcasts called Economics. Since I know a thing or two about economics, I wandered over there. The first podcast under this category was titled, "Understanding Stock Market Investment versus Speculation".

Since I know a bit about investment and speculation, I chose this podcast as the one I would force myself to listen to from start to finish.

Here's the sense I got from the podcast: Molyneux seems to be a quick read on topics, is able to discuss topics in a manner that gives the impression that he knows a lot more about topics than he really does, which results in him giving out a lot of bad information that would only be caught by someone that was very familiar with the topic.

In the podcast I listened to (in its entirety), Molyneux discusses an environmental software company he sold to a publicly traded firm that traded on the Alberta Stock Exchange.

Although this isn't the main focus of my critique, it would be interesting to know more about the environmental software company that he sold. I guess it is possible that it was a libertarian environmental software company of some sort, but most environmental companies I am familiar with are either direct beneficiaries of government hand outs or beneficiaries of government regulations that force firms to act in ways that they wouldn't in a free market. So it would be helpful if Molyneux told us the name of the firm he sold, so it could be researched to see just what type of environmental software was actually created and learn more about how the firm generated its revenues.

But this is a side point, my main point about this podcast is that Molyneux sounds knowledgeable in his podcast but really has no idea what he is talking about. For example, he partly titled the podcast "speculation versus investment". However, he gives a completely erroneous definition of what a speculator is and seems to have no understanding of the value of a speculator.

In the podcast, he defines a speculator as someone who is only concerned with short-term swings in stock prices based on action in stock prices, and attributes no value to the role of the speculator.

The first point that needs to be made is that those who are watching stock prices for clues as to direction are more correctly called "technical analysts" or "technical traders". There is nothing that says a technical trader needs to be short-term in view. I often look at 10 year plus charts to get a perspective on possible long-term trends over upcoming years.

Secondly, and Molyneux implies that there is no such thing, many speculators can trade on fundamentals. A commodity speculator in wheat may be basing his trade on what he expects weather conditions to be like and how that will impact wheat prices.

Molyneux goes on further to give the impression that speculators play no important role in markets---and quite possibly a negative role. But this is simply false, speculators provide liquidity to markets and, in the case of the commodities world, provide certainty in price to farmers who want to hedge their crop, before they plant it, with the speculator assuming the risk that the farmers don't want to assume.

Thus, whereas Molyneux portrays the speculator as evil, the speculator in fact plays an important role in market activity.

Molyneux then goes on to remarkably say that Social Security money is invested in the stock market. This is flat out wrong, No money, zero, is invested in the stock market. By saying this, he misses the biggest part of the SS Ponzi scheme, the fact that all money that goes into SS is spent by the government IMMEDIATELY (or dished out to SS "beneficiaries"). SS only puts money in Treasury securities. This money then goes to the Treasury where it is then spent by the government. There is no investment in the stock market made at all---never ever. When the Treasury securities have to be paid back to SS as baby boomers age, the Treasury will either have to try and borrow the money from someone else, tax the public to pay off what is owed to SS or get the Fed to print money to payoff SS. Molyneux misses all this and thus misses some of the most significant problems with SS.

There is much more that Molyneux doesn't get about the stock market, since he seems to want to blame "speculators" and says nothing about the onerous regulations that make it near impossible for a new brokerage firm to start up, or make it near impossible for most firms (unless they are tied in with Silicon Valley connections) to go public--outside of scammers, such as the many that exist on the Alberta exchange--where the firm Molyneux was involved in first traded.

Molyneux closes his comment with a short rant in very generic terms against the state and regulations, but this simply seems to be a tack on, to sucker in less knowledgeable libertarians. In fact, Molyneux has picked up some buzzwords about the financial world, tortured the meaning of sum of those buzzwords, that is all. To anyone knowledgeable about the sector it would be clear very quickly that Molyneux is totally full of shit.

Bottom line: What David Gordon writes about Molyneux's philosophical understanding can also be said about Molyneux's financial understanding. Gordon writes:

Despite the impression I have so far given, Molyneux is by no means stupid: quite the contrary. Therein, I suggest, lies the source of the problems of his book. Because of his facile intelligence, he thinks that he has a talent for philosophical argument and need not undertake the hard labor of learning how such arguments are constructed

I could very easily take Gordon's comment and write:

Despite the impression I have so far given, Molyneux is by no means stupid: quite the contrary. Therein, I suggest, lies the source of the problems of his podcast on finance and investment. Because of his facile intelligence, he thinks that he has a talent for financial argument and need not undertake the hard labor of learning how the financial world really works.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/07/quick-read-on-stefan-molyneux.html
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:56 am

Quote :
plateofshrimp

Re: Molyneux promotes Bitcoins on April 4th - Then... they Crash
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:18:41 PM »
"Molyneux promotes Bitcoins on April 4th - Then... they Crash"
That sounds kinda like Molyneux style causality. ;D

In another video where he is interviewed explaining the value of bitcoin, he connects it to fiat currencies, and of course, spanking. Using SM causality, maybe less children were spanked today than when it was higher in value. :P

More disturbing in this podcast is what he says at ~12:00 ... mandatory brain scans and insurance for children in a "free society" to make sure they are not being abused!!!

He says he doesn't want it imposed by the State (of course), we want it "imposed voluntarily" ??? by a "free society". WTF does "imposed voluntarily" mean??

Parents will have to pay mandatory insurance on their kids, based on amount of abuse inflicted, in case the bad parenting results in their children harming society. Shouldn't his insurance premiums for himself be like $1 million/ year??

It's central planning crazy talk!

http://www.fdrliberated.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6db56fc5cffc3792573c1209a951e1f7&topic=467.msg5821;topicseen#new

LOL, need I say more?
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Comment on a Walter Block youtube vid

Quote :
Stefan Molyneux is such a tool. He has good ideas but every time someone asks questions he doesn't like he gets pissed. He blocked me from his channel because I asked a serious question about his wife being taken to court for giving bad advice. instead of answering he just bans me...what a hypocrite! I wasn't being rude at all I just didnt know what happened and wanted to know.

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=sm6zCaxvXw4
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:57 pm

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fireworks 2 Fireworks 2 Fireworks 2

Party :Dance club: :Conga line:

Say, shall we pray?
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:06 pm

The conman grew a beard, because he got a scar?

LOLOLOLOL!

What will he think of next?!

iGiot!
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:27 pm

A youtube comment...

Quote :
This is one of those instances in which we should all try to dig a bit deeper.

Hey, I'm more than happy to pitch in...

Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 54764232

Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 501707
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:38 pm

I judge it to be a 40-pointer...

Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Poster59852387yr1fd5
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Molyneux Cult Watch   Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:47 pm

He needs to acquaint himself with Slayer's spider...

Itsy Bitsy Spider...

Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 172914 Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 172914 Molyneux Cult Watch - Page 12 172914
Back to top Go down

Molyneux Cult Watch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Religious Cults-