HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OZschwitz, good stuff: Health minister caught speeding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

OZschwitz, good stuff: Health minister caught speeding Vide
PostSubject: OZschwitz, good stuff: Health minister caught speeding   OZschwitz, good stuff: Health minister caught speeding Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:33 pm

OZschwitz, good stuff: Health minister caught speeding Robbo

Embattled Queensland Health Minister Stephen Robertson has been pulled over for speeding, joining the ranks of government ministers with a blot on their driving records.

Mr Robertson said in a statement that he accepted responsibility for speeding while driving his ministerial car on Mount Mee Road near Dayboro, north of Brisbane, on Sunday.

He paid the $150 fine after a police radar detected his car travelling at 74km/h in a 60km/h zone.

"I've accepted responsibility for this matter and the fine has been paid in full," Mr Robertson said.

"Clearly no Queenslander is entitled to speed - it's not good enough when it comes to road safety and that's why I have squarely accepted responsibility for my actions.

"I hope my lapse acts as a reminder to all Queenslanders that speeding is never acceptable and the road rules must be obeyed at all times."

A spokeswoman said he had been in the area on a "private journey".

Today, Acting Premier and former roads minister Paul Lucas agreed that Mr Robertson had been caught fairly.

"Yes, I'm told that Steve Robertson was booked for speeding last weekend," he said.

"I don't think anyone should speed. I've said that to you about me."

Last year, Mr Lucas admitted to being behind the wheel of a government car caught speeding on a Brisbane road.

Former minister Pat Purcell was promoted to the Travelsafe committee last August, despite a poor driving record.

Parliamentary secretary to the state's health minister, Karen Struthers, was also caught drink driving last August, but was allowed to keep her job.

:Link:
Back to top Go down

OZschwitz, good stuff: Health minister caught speeding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-