View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Funny: Sociology Prof Suspended for 'Hitman' Facebook Quip Vide
PostSubject: Funny: Sociology Prof Suspended for 'Hitman' Facebook Quip   Funny: Sociology Prof Suspended for 'Hitman' Facebook Quip Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:07 am

A fed-up sociology professor who joked about wanting to hire a hitman for troublesome students has become yet another employee facing Facebook fallout. Gloria Gadsden's bosses at Pennsylvania's Stroudsburg University put her on indefinite leave after a student told them about her update reading "Does anyone know where I can find a very discrete hitman? Yes, it's been that kind of day," and another saying: "Had a good day today. DIDN'T want to kill even one student."

The university says it has an obligation to take all threats seriously. "I was just having a bad day, and I was venting to family and friends," Gadsden told ABC News. "My friends and family knew I was being facetious. They knew I wasn't targeting anyone." Gadsden says she didn't realize that changes to Facebook privacy settings meant that her status updates could be viewed by people other than her family and friends.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/PersonalFinance/facebook-firings-employees-online-vents-twitter-postings-cost/story?id=9986796
Back to top Go down

Funny: Sociology Prof Suspended for 'Hitman' Facebook Quip

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-